Intermediate Java Developer Job in Cape Town, Century City
|Site:||Cape Town, Century City|
- Work on existing Java products – fix bugs, work on new features, and help customers with issues.
- Design and develop new products.
- Design and develop plug-ins for Java-based payment software.
- Script and deployment of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Participate in the design of the architecture of existing or new cloud platforms.
- API design and development.
- Adhere to the software development lifecycle process.
- Supervise the work of the more junior developers of his team, act as a mentor.
- Perform internal tests at all levels.
- The overall responsibility to ensure the traceability of requirements throughout the project.
- Support customer testing of delivered software.
- Write technical and non-technical documentation.
- Support for production environments.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent discipline) from a recognized higher education institution. Equivalent experience will be considered, but not preferred.
Experience / skills –
- Minimum of three years of experience as a software developer, particularly in Java development.
- Expertise in Java programming language with the ability to architect, design and write complex solutions.
- Hands-on experience on AWS.
- Strong analytical, design and programming skills.
- Agile methodologies like Scrum.
- Experience in software version control (such as Git) and software deployment standards.
- Software quality concepts such as source code documentation and software language specific code quality practices.
- AWS certification.
- Exposure to front-end development, with experience in an Angular web framework or similar.
- Able to gain the trust and respect of his colleagues.
- Go above and beyond for its stakeholders / customers.
- Has an extremely helpful attitude and is a team player.
- Always leave things better than they found them.
- Take initiative and ownership.
- Takes pride in what they produce and therefore produces high quality.
- Committed to the company but also able to find a balance.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When you apply for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. Alone Citizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to target = “_ blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs at http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town jobs.
Posted 06 Oct 11:41, closing 5 Nov